Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Old address information updated to current addressi

I want to end up with a spread sheet that uses old information and updates it
to current name and address information

I have two spread sheets.
SS1 contains 36,000 rows of current information. Each row has separate cells
each of which contains either a unique number, a name, an addresses or
various other information.
SS2 is my target audience and contains 7,000 rows of 2006 information. Each
row contains the same separate cell information as SS1. 99% of SS2 unique
numbers rows are also in SS1.

I want to know which unique number rows on SS2 are also on SS1 by indicating
"yes" in a separate column on SS1.

Once I have the updated target audience targed on SS1, I will delete the
excess rows.

I am trying to make sure that I have the current addresses for all the 2006
unique number rows.
--
Charles
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Let's assume that the information is in column A on both spreadsheets, so in
a column in SS1 enter

=MATCH(A1,SS2!A:A,0)

copy formula down, where there is no match you will see #N/A

sort by #N/A and delete these rows

if this helps please click yes thanks