Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default need help with a downloaded template that was shared by steve

I downloaded and Address Book 1 template shared by steve and I love the
functions, but I can't change cells because the workbook is protected. I
really want to use this address book because it has a sheet for data and a
sheet for the address book that you can pull up the name of your contact from
a dropdown box and then all of the rest of their information also is loaded.
I have tried to do this in a new workbook and I created the dropdown box, but
I can't figure out how to get the rest of the information to load. Can anyone
help me with this?
--
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A1:B3,2,0) may be the answer.

Where A1 on the first sheet is the drop down of names and on sheet two
column A is a list of the names and column B is a list of the
address/information

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"mohrbaskets" wrote in message
I downloaded and Address Book 1 template shared by steve and I love the
functions, but I can't change cells because the workbook is protected. I
really want to use this address book because it has a sheet for data and a
sheet for the address book that you can pull up the name of your contact
from
a dropdown box and then all of the rest of their information also is
loaded.
I have tried to do this in a new workbook and I created the dropdown box,
but
I can't figure out how to get the rest of the information to load. Can
anyone
help me with this?
--
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check out the below link on "Excel VLookup Function and VLookup Example"
by Debra Dalgleish . You can also download a sample workbook.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria