DD

Default How do you format a row to break accross pages in Excel?

I know that this can be done easily in a table of a Word document, but is it
possible in Excel??
Gary Brown

Highlight the column that you want to create a page break on...
For example, if you want Col A thru D on page 1 and Col E thru G on page 2,
highlight Col E then...
INSERT / PAGE BREAK

HTH,
--
Gary Brown

"DD" wrote:

I know that this can be done easily in a table of a Word document, but is it
possible in Excel??

DD

Hi Gary,

Thank you for replying-- actually, I have a cell that has a lot of text in
it, and instead of splitting that text accross two pages, excel keeps all the
text together on one page, and consequently leaves a big gap on the previous
page, since it didn't fit on that page. I am trying to see if I can break
that cell across the pages, so that it prints even amount of information/text
on each page. Does this help to clarify my question??

Thanks!
DD

"DD" wrote:

I know that this can be done easily in a table of a Word document, but is it
possible in Excel??

Harlan Grove

DD wrote...
. . . I am trying to see if I can break
that cell across the pages, so that it prints even amount of

information/text
on each page. . . .

Impossible. Excel will *ALWAYS* print as much as it can of individual
cell contents on the *SAME* printout page. Putting this another way,
Excel lacks the ability to distribute the visible result of cells
across printout pages.

DD

THANK YOU! As much as this is frustrating, it at least gives me a definitive
answer to my searching and fiddling around with excel. I appreciate your
response!

DD

DD wrote...