Mike Metal

Default How to Find Weekend date

Hello All,

I need a formual or function to find weekend (last Friday, or any Friday's)
date in Excel.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Franz

"Mike Metal" ha scritto nel messaggio

Hello All,

I need a formual or function to find weekend (last Friday, or any
Friday's) date in Excel.

You can use this formula:

=IF(WEEKDAY(your date)=6,condition if true,condition if false).

--
Hoping to be helpful... :-)

Regards

Franz

To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)

Mike Metal

Thanks Franz.

This gives the condition to be true if day=Friday (6). That is not what I
need.

I want to ab able to give the date of the last Friday or this Friday. I do
remember that this was in microsoft's knowledgebase, several years back! I
am unable to search for it.

I hope some one can get this for me.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
"Franz" wrote in message
"Mike Metal" ha scritto nel messaggio

Hello All,

I need a formual or function to find weekend (last Friday, or any
Friday's) date in Excel.

You can use this formula:

=IF(WEEKDAY(your date)=6,condition if true,condition if false).

--
Hoping to be helpful... :-)

Regards

Franz

To reply translate from italian InVento (no capital letters)

JE McGimpsey

See if one of the functions in the "Days Of The Week And Month" section
of this page helps:

http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm