Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default hyperlink to website and then to information in a certain cell

I have a spread sheet set up with a hyper link to a web
page:http://fs.xxx-xxxx.com/cgi-bin/field...XXXXX,XXXXXXXX

the 00000XXXX represents a ticket number that I have to manually enter for
every cell in order for it to pull that ticket number up in my website.
Does anyone know what formula I can enter here that will automatically pull
the number that I have already input in the cell on my excel sheet, so that
the number will not have to be manually entered into the hyperlink for each
and every cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the Hyperlink function

With the number in A1 you can use

=HYPERLINK("http://fs.xxx-xxxx.com/cgi-bin/fieldsup/getRemedy_isd.cgi?ticknum=" & A1)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ernie" <Ernie @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message ...
I have a spread sheet set up with a hyper link to a web
page:http://fs.xxx-xxxx.com/cgi-bin/field...XXXXX,XXXXXXXX

the 00000XXXX represents a ticket number that I have to manually enter for
every cell in order for it to pull that ticket number up in my website.
Does anyone know what formula I can enter here that will automatically pull
the number that I have already input in the cell on my excel sheet, so that
the number will not have to be manually entered into the hyperlink for each
and every cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The link has always worked when I put the number in after ticknum=.
But, I have thousands of ticket numbers daily on a spread sheet that I look
at and I do not want to manually enter this for every one of them.

("http://fs.xxx-xxxx.com/cgi-bin/fieldsup/getRemedy_isd.cgi?ticknum=I NEED A
FORMULA HERE THAT WILL IDENTIFY THE CONTENTS OF THE CELL, WHICH THE CONTENTS
ARE EACH INDIVIDUAL TICKET NUMBER. I would like to be able to just click
this cell (which has the ticket number in it) and it take me to the web page.
Otherwise I have to put the number in the hyperlink for every cell.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

Use the Hyperlink function

With the number in A1 you can use

=HYPERLINK("http://fs.xxx-xxxx.com/cgi-bin/fieldsup/getRemedy_isd.cgi?ticknum=" & A1)

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Ernie" <Ernie @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message ...
I have a spread sheet set up with a hyper link to a web
page:http://fs.xxx-xxxx.com/cgi-bin/field...XXXXX,XXXXXXXX

the 00000XXXX represents a ticket number that I have to manually enter for
every cell in order for it to pull that ticket number up in my website.
Does anyone know what formula I can enter here that will automatically pull
the number that I have already input in the cell on my excel sheet, so that
the number will not have to be manually entered into the hyperlink for each
and every cell?

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why are you shouting (Caps)? People here are not employees of MS that get
paid answering questions and to do other people's work. People answering
questions do it on voluntary basis. Bear that in mind!

Peo Sjoblom

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, the origianl formula has a number in it and it will and has always
worked. But with that, I have to change the hyperlink in each cell with the
ticket number that is in the cell on my excel sheet.
If you email me at I can send you the sheet so you
can see what I am trying to accomplish.

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not shouting in no means Sir, was just making sure they could recognize
where I need a formula.
And caps does not always mean you are shouting, can be used to make sure
something is not over looked.
Bear that in mind!