Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Week ending calculation

I am working in a sheet where I have a date and I am trying to find the
Friday post date. I am using
=DATE(YEAR(E2),MONTH(E2),DAY(E2)-WEEKDAY(E2)+6)

It works for everyday unless the day is a Saturday. I've tried several other
formulas (found on the discussion board) and get basically the same results.

Michelle
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Michelle wrote:
I am working in a sheet where I have a date and I am trying to find the
Friday post date. I am using
=DATE(YEAR(E2),MONTH(E2),DAY(E2)-WEEKDAY(E2)+6)

It works for everyday unless the day is a Saturday. I've tried several other
formulas (found on the discussion board) and get basically the same results.

Michelle

Actually, your formula works fine, but can be simplified to this:

=E2-WEEKDAY(E2)+6

Make sure to format the result cell as date.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glenn wrote:
Michelle wrote:
I am working in a sheet where I have a date and I am trying to find
the Friday post date. I am using
=DATE(YEAR(E2),MONTH(E2),DAY(E2)-WEEKDAY(E2)+6)

It works for everyday unless the day is a Saturday. I've tried several
other formulas (found on the discussion board) and get basically the
same results.

Michelle

Actually, your formula works fine, but can be simplified to this:

=E2-WEEKDAY(E2)+6

Make sure to format the result cell as date.

If that's not right, give an example that demonstrates how this doesn't work,
and what result you want.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you want? The Friday for the current week?
=TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY()-6)+7
=TODAY()+6-MOD(WEEKDAY(TODAY())+7,7)

HTH,
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

"Michelle" wrote:

I am working in a sheet where I have a date and I am trying to find the
Friday post date. I am using
=DATE(YEAR(E2),MONTH(E2),DAY(E2)-WEEKDAY(E2)+6)

It works for everyday unless the day is a Saturday. I've tried several other
formulas (found on the discussion board) and get basically the same results.

Michelle

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:28:02 -0800, Michelle
wrote:

I am working in a sheet where I have a date and I am trying to find the
Friday post date. I am using
=DATE(YEAR(E2),MONTH(E2),DAY(E2)-WEEKDAY(E2)+6)

It works for everyday unless the day is a Saturday. I've tried several other
formulas (found on the discussion board) and get basically the same results.

Michelle

=A1+7-WEEKDAY(A1+1)

Will return the next Friday of any date in A1; unless the date is a Friday, in
which case it will return the same date.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this