Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Long list into Table to contain only ten

Hey,

Im sure there is an easy answer to this but i cant come up with it.

I have a long list of possible criteria's i want the user to pick ten out of the list by selecting yes from a drop down list next to the criteria.

Once they have ticked yes i want it to appear in a second sheet with a table.

When i have tried i am unable to do it without getting false or blank cells where the criteria hasnt been ticked

Can anyone help with this? i need a formula that will aviod these false returns and just finds the next citeria that has been ticked yes.

Thanks

Chris

Run an ASP Page with parameters from SQL Server
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...with-para.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Chris,

If you could paste some example code it would make it easier to
provide a good answer.

Perhaps I misunderstand the problem, but I'm not sure what you can do
to fix the blank cells if criteria haven't been selected. Do you mean
you'd prefer some sort of error message to come up?

Cheers,
Nick

Nicholas Perkins
http://www.nicholasperkins.com/blog/

On Nov 9, 8:43*pm, Chris Hough wrote:
Hey,

Im sure there is an easy answer to this but i cant come up with it.

I have a long list of possible criteria's i want the user to pick ten out of the list by selecting yes from a drop down list next to the criteria.

Once they have ticked yes i want it to appear in a second sheet with a table.

When i have tried i am unable to do it without getting false or blank cells where the criteria hasnt been ticked

Can anyone help with this? i need a formula that will aviod these false returns and just finds the next citeria that has been ticked yes.

Thanks

Chris

Run an ASP Page with parameters from SQL Serverhttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/1c387dc4-875b-4392-80b5-6...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Need more specific details. Might be easier if you used check boxes instead
of drop down lists.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP