Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default nested sumif?

trying to sum one column (G:G) that contains weight by lbs if two criteria
are met - 1) if column (B:B) = "1-Grains" and
2) if col (H:H) = "lb" (because there are other units of weigt - ie fl oz,
oz etc

I'm only wanting to get the total weight for a specific category and all
items in that category that are measured in lbs.

Help - I'm reading online and only using MS Excel 2003

SUMIFS is not defined in 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you have multiple criteria use SUMPRODUCT()

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B100="1-Grains")*(H1:H100="lb"),G1:G100)

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria