Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default AVERAGEIF

How do I create an AVERAGEIF formula, using the data from one worksheet and
putting the result on another worksheet? I need the average of Sales Price,
when the Style is Condo.

The formula will be on sheet 2.

The data is on sheet 1. The table name is SalesData3. Column F is Sales
Price and column G is Style.

--
Shelina
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=AVERAGEIF(Sheet1!G:G,"condo",F:F)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Shelina" wrote:

How do I create an AVERAGEIF formula, using the data from one worksheet and
putting the result on another worksheet? I need the average of Sales Price,
when the Style is Condo.

The formula will be on sheet 2.

The data is on sheet 1. The table name is SalesData3. Column F is Sales
Price and column G is Style.

--
Shelina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I assume you are working with 2007. Incase you are working with 2007

try the below array formula ..Entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter

=AVERAGE(IF((Sheet1!G1:G100="condo")*
(ISNUMBER(Sheet1!F1:F100)),Sheet1!F1:F100))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Shelina" wrote:

How do I create an AVERAGEIF formula, using the data from one worksheet and
putting the result on another worksheet? I need the average of Sales Price,
when the Style is Condo.

The formula will be on sheet 2.

The data is on sheet 1. The table name is SalesData3. Column F is Sales
Price and column G is Style.

--
Shelina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I mean if you are ***not*** working with 2007/2010 you need to try out the
array formula.

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria