Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Round Off

A B
7.5 8
8.2 8
9.5 10
3.7 4
7.4 7
7.7 8
Total 44 45
Please refer above example
I have some figures in column "A" it shold be rounded off , done in column
"B" what I want is aftrer rounding off toal increase by 1. that is before
round off total 44 ,after rounding off total 45. is there any way to round
off without affecting total. total sld remain unchanged

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Using rounding I would say it is impossible to do what you want because it
changes the underlying value but you can do it with a format

In B1 enter
=A1
Drag down
In the new column enter a custom format of 0 for all the cells and they will
appear as you require but the underlying value won't have changed.

Mike

"Fareez" wrote:

A B
7.5 8
8.2 8
9.5 10
3.7 4
7.4 7
7.7 8
Total 44 45
Please refer above example
I have some figures in column "A" it shold be rounded off , done in column
"B" what I want is aftrer rounding off toal increase by 1. that is before
round off total 44 ,after rounding off total 45. is there any way to round
off without affecting total. total sld remain unchanged

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

or use Number format with 0 decimal places...

On 6 Lis, 10:57, Mike H wrote:
Hi,

Using rounding I would say it is impossible to do what you want because it
changes the underlying value but you can do it with a format

In B1 enter
=A1
Drag down
In the new column enter a custom format of 0 for all the cells and they will
appear as you require but the underlying value won't have changed.

Mike

"Fareez" wrote:
Â* Â*A Â* Â* Â* B
Â* Â*7.5 Â* Â* 8
Â* Â*8.2 Â* Â* 8
Â* Â*9.5 Â* Â* 10
Â* Â*3.7 Â* Â* 4
Â* Â*7.4 Â* Â* 7
Â* Â*7.7 Â* Â* 8
Total Â* Â* Â*44 Â* Â* Â*45
Please refer above example
I have some figures in column "A" it shold be rounded off , done in column
"B" what I want is aftrer rounding off toal increase by 1. that is before
round off total 44 ,after rounding off total 45. Â*is there any way to round
off Â* without affecting total. total sld remain unchanged- Ukryj cytowany tekst -

- Pokaż cytowany tekst -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Instead of rounding that off; click on 'Decrease the decimals' from
'Formatting toolbar' which will change the format...

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria