Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sorting and matching in excel

Hallo

I have a problem to sort a data

My questions is like this:

3546 4623 53
4623 9584 33
1294 3546 12
9584 1294 11

that is, I have 3 rows in my dataset, the first row is in the correct
order, and the second row is in some random order, and the third row
is the value. My aim is to sort the second and third rows in the same
order as the first row.
What i expect to get is:

3546 3546 12
4623 4623 53
1294 1294 11
9584 9584 33

how can I achieve this? Many thanks in advance!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Firstly, you have three COLUMNS not ROWS

Let us say these are columns A, B and C
Select all the data ; open the Data | Sort dialog
Specify that you wish to sort first by column A, then by column B
Press Ok and the sort will happen
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme