Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Selecting right part of text string

Hi

I have cells that are populated by a data dump from a work management system
and the text will always appear in a preformatted manner

eg: VODAFONE P3 INC526642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ DUE 4/11/09 16:09

I want to select the date only from this string - which will always appear
after the word DUE ..

I have tried the formula below (from this forum) though am coming unstuck
and it is not returning what I want.

=RIGHT(R2,FIND("DUE ",R2&"DUE "))

The above formula gives me this result ... 26642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ
DUE 4/11/09 16:09

TIA ...

--
Sue Compelling

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sue,

try this

=TRIM(MID(R2,SEARCH("due",R2)+3,9))

Mike

"Sue Compelling" wrote:

Hi

I have cells that are populated by a data dump from a work management system
and the text will always appear in a preformatted manner

eg: VODAFONE P3 INC526642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ DUE 4/11/09 16:09

I want to select the date only from this string - which will always appear
after the word DUE ..

I have tried the formula below (from this forum) though am coming unstuck
and it is not returning what I want.

=RIGHT(R2,FIND("DUE ",R2&"DUE "))

The above formula gives me this result ... 26642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ
DUE 4/11/09 16:09

TIA ...

--
Sue Compelling

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Looking at this again it seems you may want the time also so if that's the
case use this

=TRIM(MID(R2,SEARCH("due",R2)+3,256))

Mike

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi Sue,

try this

=TRIM(MID(R2,SEARCH("due",R2)+3,9))

Mike

"Sue Compelling" wrote:

Hi

I have cells that are populated by a data dump from a work management system
and the text will always appear in a preformatted manner

eg: VODAFONE P3 INC526642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ DUE 4/11/09 16:09

I want to select the date only from this string - which will always appear
after the word DUE ..

I have tried the formula below (from this forum) though am coming unstuck
and it is not returning what I want.

=RIGHT(R2,FIND("DUE ",R2&"DUE "))

The above formula gives me this result ... 26642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ
DUE 4/11/09 16:09

TIA ...

--
Sue Compelling

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Its a bit lenghty; but should work for different date formats..

=--LEFT(SUBSTITUTE(MID(A1,SEARCH(" DUE ",A1&" DUE ")+5,255),
" ",REPT(" ",255)),12)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sue Compelling" wrote:

Hi

I have cells that are populated by a data dump from a work management system
and the text will always appear in a preformatted manner

eg: VODAFONE P3 INC526642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ DUE 4/11/09 16:09

I want to select the date only from this string - which will always appear
after the word DUE ..

I have tried the formula below (from this forum) though am coming unstuck
and it is not returning what I want.

=RIGHT(R2,FIND("DUE ",R2&"DUE "))

The above formula gives me this result ... 26642 SITE: SOJ Shotover Jet HQ
DUE 4/11/09 16:09

TIA ...

--
Sue Compelling

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try this

=INT(RIGHT(B14,LEN(B14)-SEARCH("Due",B14)-3))

Format the cell as date.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com