Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Posts not showing up - posted through OE

Does this thing (the ngs) every work correctly?

I've posted several replies to questions today through OutLook Express yet
none of my replies shows up on the MS web interface.

If you're replying to questions and not using the web interface then your
replies are't getting posted.

So, you're not being completely ignored!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The answer, I think, is that the newsgroups work correctly, but the MS web
interface doesn't.

Most of us would recommend other methods of access.
--
David Biddulph

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Does this thing (the ngs) every work correctly?

I've posted several replies to questions today through OutLook Express yet
none of my replies shows up on the MS web interface.

If you're replying to questions and not using the web interface then your
replies are't getting posted.

So, you're not being completely ignored!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess I wasn't clear...

I use OutLook Express to access the ngs. Most people use the web interface
to post questions. When I reply to a question that was posted through the
web interface my reply shows up in OutLook Express but it doesn't show up on
the web interface so the poster never sees my reply. It's not just me. I see
the replies in OE from a lot of the regulars but those replies aren't
showing up on the web interface. At least, that's what was happening
yesterday. I haven't had a chance to check it out today.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Does this thing (the ngs) every work correctly?

I've posted several replies to questions today through OutLook Express
yet none of my replies shows up on the MS web interface.

If you're replying to questions and not using the web interface then your
replies are't getting posted.

So, you're not being completely ignored!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For example...

You posted this reply ( and a couple of others) in the thread titled:
Complex Countif formula:

*****
If you want to use an AND test for the 2 conditions for column B, and then
an OR to combine that with the column C condition, you could change Biff's
=SUMPRODUCT(SIGN((B2:B11=3)+(C2:C11=0)))
=SUMPRODUCT(SIGN(((B2:B11=3)*(B2:B11<=3.9))+(C2:C 11=0)))
--
David Biddulph
*****

I can see that reply in OE yet that reply isn't posted on the web interface.
So, the OP never saw that reply. I also posted to that thread but I did so
throught the web interface.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Does this thing (the ngs) every work correctly?

I've posted several replies to questions today through OutLook Express
yet none of my replies shows up on the MS web interface.

If you're replying to questions and not using the web interface then
your replies are't getting posted.

So, you're not being completely ignored!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff,

I don't know how you posted the first question in this thread but all I see
on the Web Interface is a header and an empty post from 'Unknown'.

Looking at your post; which I can see in David's reply, I agree that the web
interface is broken as often as working these days.

What I don't accept is the oft repeated suggestion that systems other than
the web interface should be used and my response to that is:-

I have Outlook express and don't like it.
I have Forte Agent and aren't keen on that either.
I also have access to the web interface which I like and when working
corectly is excellent and if it's there it damn well should be working or at
least shouldn't be broken for around 50% of the time.

Microsoft is clearly interested in the web interface; or claims it is, when
it invites 'Suggestions for Microsoft' and promises to evaluate the
possibility of including the most supported suggestions in its systems.

Come on, you MVP's must have some direct channels of contact, use them and
see if this thing can be fixed or if it can't then be taken away.

Mike; thoroughly p***** off, H

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Does this thing (the ngs) every work correctly?

I've posted several replies to questions today through OutLook Express
yet none of my replies shows up on the MS web interface.

If you're replying to questions and not using the web interface then
your replies are't getting posted.

So, you're not being completely ignored!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have Outlook express and don't like it.

I used the web interface for years *until* it was changed into it's current
configuration. When that happened a few years ago I started using OE. The
only reason I use OE is it makes finding posts I've replied to so very
simple. This is not so easy on the website.

you MVP's must have some direct channels of contact

We do, but that doesn't mean we get listened to or have a lot of influence!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP