Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add if blank statement to index match

Hi everyone,

I'm using the following formula to get data from a table

=INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))

If there is no data matching the building number and employee data in the
appropriate row of EMP2009, then I'd like the formula to return a blank.

I'm getting all tied up trying to add an if statement and it would be
fantastic if anyone could help.

Cheers
Diddy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use ISNA() and IF()

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0)),"",INDEX(EMP200 9,
MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0)))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm using the following formula to get data from a table

=INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))

If there is no data matching the building number and employee data in the
appropriate row of EMP2009, then I'd like the formula to return a blank.

I'm getting all tied up trying to add an if statement and it would be
fantastic if anyone could help.

Cheers
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

would:

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0) )),"",INDEX
(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0)))

help?

On 3 Lis, 12:04, Diddy wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm using the following formula to get data from a table

=INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))

If there is no data matching the building number and employee data in the
appropriate row of EMP2009, then I'd like the formula to return a blank.

I'm getting all tied up trying to add an if statement and it would be
fantastic if anyone could help.

Cheers
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for replying :-)

I'm still getting a zero.

Does it make any differnce to know that, BuildingNo will always have a
number but Emp2009 sometimes has a value but sometimes is empty?

This confirms that I haven't really got INDEX and MATCH :-)

Cheers
Diddy

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm using the following formula to get data from a table

=INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))

If there is no data matching the building number and employee data in the
appropriate row of EMP2009, then I'd like the formula to return a blank.

I'm getting all tied up trying to add an if statement and it would be
fantastic if anyone could help.

Cheers
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0)),"",
IF(INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))="","",

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm using the following formula to get data from a table

=INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))

If there is no data matching the building number and employee data in the
appropriate row of EMP2009, then I'd like the formula to return a blank.

I'm getting all tied up trying to add an if statement and it would be
fantastic if anyone could help.

Cheers
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the value being retunred is TEXT you can reduce that to:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0)),"",
T(INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

Try the below

"Diddy" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm using the following formula to get data from a table

=INDEX(EMP2009,MATCH($N$1,BuildingNo,0))

If there is no data matching the building number and employee data in
the
appropriate row of EMP2009, then I'd like the formula to return a
blank.

I'm getting all tied up trying to add an if statement and it would be
fantastic if anyone could help.

Cheers
Diddy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions