Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MF MF is offline

Default How can I insert a true blank inst. of a non-blank zero string

I have an if formula that gives a calcualted value based under the condition
that there is proper values to calcualte from. If that condition is false I
give a "". But since Excel don't consider "" as a blank it is put on top when
I sort the data.

Is it possible to insert a true blank instead of "" in the formula?

My formula
=IF(A1;IF(B1;A1/B1;"");"")

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could replace the formulas with an alternative, do the sort and then replace
the formula with what you want:

=IF(A1;IF(B1;A1/B1;"zzzzzz");"zzzzzz")

Sort the data and then change the formula back.

(Use a string that will put it at the bottom.)

MF wrote:

I have an if formula that gives a calcualted value based under the condition
that there is proper values to calcualte from. If that condition is false I
give a "". But since Excel don't consider "" as a blank it is put on top when
I sort the data.

Is it possible to insert a true blank instead of "" in the formula?

My formula
=IF(A1;IF(B1;A1/B1;"");"")

--

Dave Peterson