Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Inserting comma(,) after every two digits of a number from right t

I want to that once a number is entered in a cell it would be converted to a
form that has a comma inserted after every two digits from right to left.
example - 1 as 1; 123 as 1,23; 2345 as 23,45 and so on
Can anyone would help me please. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Senapati

The best I can offer is; if you are looking for Indian format; say we have a
figure 12345678 to be displayed as 12,345,678.00 then check out the below
link for an add-in

http://www.dq.winsila.com/tips-trick...and-words.html

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Senapati" wrote:

I want to that once a number is entered in a cell it would be converted to a
form that has a comma inserted after every two digits from right to left.
example - 1 as 1; 123 as 1,23; 2345 as 23,45 and so on
Can anyone would help me please. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you want to convert that to text using formulas in the format you
mentioned then try the below

ColA Col B
1 1
123 1,23
1234 12,34
12345 1,23,45
123456 12,34,56
1234567 1,23,45,67
12345678 12,34,56,78
123456789 1,23,45,67,89

=SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(" "&SUBSTITUTE(TEXT
(A1,REPT("00 ",EVEN(LEN(A1)))),"00",)," 0",))," ",",")

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria