Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Regional settings

I have settings on my computer and my MS office that "," is for decimal
places and "." for thousands. In converted Excel file from some database I
have, and it is the other way arround: "." is for decimal places and "," for
thousands. So, in two excel files it's different, and in any way I change the
settings they are still different. And if I try to do find/replace in one
file, it's not wright becouse in that setting number like 10,000.00 is read
on my comuter like 10 and not like 10000 as it should be. This is a huge
problem for me and any help would be appriciated.., Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The regional settings are controlled in Windows (through the Control Panel),
not in Excel.
If you are reading into Excel from another application, you need to ensure
that the Windows Regional Settings are appropriate for the data format that
you want to read.
--
David Biddulph