Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sumproduct problem

Hello,

I have the following formula:

=SUMPRODUCT('Open Reqs by Org'!B1:B1000)*('Open Reqs by Org'!
M1:M1000="RC")

I am trying to sum column B where the corresponding column in the same
row matches the text "RC" This should be fairly simple but I keep
getting the value of 0 where it should be around 20. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B1000)*(M1:M1000="RC"))

or

=SUMPRODUCT(--(M1:M1000="RC"),B1:B1000)

add your page names to the formulas

Peo Sjoblom

"Chris" wrote in message
Hello,

I have the following formula:

=SUMPRODUCT('Open Reqs by Org'!B1:B1000)*('Open Reqs by Org'!
M1:M1000="RC")

I am trying to sum column B where the corresponding column in the same
row matches the text "RC" This should be fairly simple but I keep
getting the value of 0 where it should be around 20. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Chris" wrote in message

Hello,

I have the following formula:

=SUMPRODUCT('Open Reqs by Org'!B1:B1000)*('Open Reqs by Org'!
M1:M1000="RC")

I am trying to sum column B where the corresponding column in the same
row matches the text "RC" This should be fairly simple but I keep
getting the value of 0 where it should be around 20. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris- Hide quoted text -

Thanks the second one worked!