Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default SUMIFs function

Hi, I need some help on a spreadsheet my boss has asked me to design at work.
I work for retail company which pays its employees based on their sales.

Employee Monthly sales Total Payment
Jane $5,000 (Need Formula Here)

My formula is to be = If sales less than $1,000 a month they receive 5% of
their sales amount. If sales $1,000 - $5,000 they receive 10% of sales. If
sales $5,001 and up they receiv e 12% of sales. PLEASE HELP.

I've tried a SUMIFS function but I can't get it right. Should this have OR
in it perhaps?

Thanks,

Lefty
--
Thanks!
Lefty

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This should work for you entered in C2 and copied down assuming you have
more than one employee.

=LOOKUP(B2,{0,1000,5001},{0.05,0.1,0.12})*B2

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP