Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Xt Xt is offline

Default Changing zoom level automatically

Hi folks. I write spreadsheets that I need to show to others on their
own computers. Often their screen resolution is different from mine
and what appears on their screen is either too large or too small. Is
there any way that a spreadsheet can detect the screen resolution of
the other computer and automatically either change the screen
resolution so that it is the same as the one I composed the
spreadsheet on, or zoom Excel so that it looks the same?

Thanks

xt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Decide how many columns across you want to represent "full screen". Let's
say you want column A:L to be the display width and you want the screen
maximized on those columns.

1) Press Alt-F11 to open the VBEditor
2) Locate the ThisWorkbook module and double click to open it
3) Paste this workbook macro into that module

==========
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Sheets("Sheet1").Activate
Range("A1:L1").Select
ActiveWindow.Zoom = True
Range("A1").Select

End Sub
==========

4) Edit the macro to the sheet you want to appear first and the range of
columns you desire
5) Close the editor
6) Change the View Zoom to something you consider "wrong" and save the sheet
7) Close the workbook and reopen it, you should see the workbook reorient
itself to the correct display.

Does that help?
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.

.