Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Reformatting data

Excel 2003.
A report comes in in RTF format. It has the data for each of the 12 months
all in 1 row and 1 column, separated by a space between each one. So there
are 12 groups of data in each row, separated by a space between each one.

I wanted to reformat that data so that it would have each months data in a
separate column/cell. So the 12 groups of data in 1 row and 1 column, would
become 12 columns of data on 1 row, the same row, each in its own cell.

The data has these formats coming in on Sheet1.

Col A
###
#,###
#.#
##.#%
$###,###

Thanks for your expert help.
--
Rick
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

So all those numbers are in a single cell (like A1) for each year.

Maybe you could select the range and do
Data|text to columns (xl2003 menus)
Delimited
by spaces
and plop the output into the adjacent 12 cells.

Rick wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Dave,

It worked perfectly. Just the solution I needed.

Yes, the data was in cell A1.

The Data | Text to Columns ... menu choice is also in xl2000.

Thanks for your prompt reply and expert help.
--
Rick

Rick wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Glad it worked.

Before xl2007, the menus in all the versions were pretty much the same.

I use xl2003 menus to mean any of those versions--just to distinguish it from
the xl2007 ribbon stuff.