Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default What formula do I use? Using 2007

I want a symbol or color to appear when I have the following words entered
into a cell (failed, pass, pending and offer made). I'm thinking I need an IF
formula or conditional formatting, but I've never used either. I would rate
myself as a 5 on Excel on a 1-10 scale. I'm no expert!

Thanks for all the help!

--
Lydia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

see your other post

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lydia" wrote in message
I want a symbol or color to appear when I have the following words entered
into a cell (failed, pass, pending and offer made). I'm thinking I need an
IF
formula or conditional formatting, but I've never used either. I would
rate
myself as a 5 on Excel on a 1-10 scale. I'm no expert!

Thanks for all the help!

--
Lydia

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the same formulas given in the previous post

Goto Home tabStylesConditional FormattingManage rulesNew ruleUse a
formula to determine which cells to format
Enter the formula in the box below:
Click the Format button
Select the desired style(s)
OK out