Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default "If" function and blank cells

I'm trying to create an If function where if the cell is equal to 0, then the
cell is populated with 1. However, I've discovered that the formula is not
ignoring blank cells. Can I add a function for it to ignore blank cells?
This is what I have so far:

=IF('Performance Analysis'!J36 =0,1,"")

Any help is appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=IF(AND('Performance Analysis'!J36<"",'Performance Analysis'!J36=0),1,"")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"lisab" wrote:

I'm trying to create an If function where if the cell is equal to 0, then the
cell is populated with 1. However, I've discovered that the formula is not
ignoring blank cells. Can I add a function for it to ignore blank cells?
This is what I have so far:

=IF('Performance Analysis'!J36 =0,1,"")

Any help is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF('Performance Analysis'!J36 =0,1,"")

Try this...

=IF('Performance Analysis'!J36="","",IF('Performance Analysis'!J36=0,1,""))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"lisab" wrote in message
I'm trying to create an If function where if the cell is equal to 0, then
the
cell is populated with 1. However, I've discovered that the formula is
not
ignoring blank cells. Can I add a function for it to ignore blank cells?
This is what I have so far:

=IF('Performance Analysis'!J36 =0,1,"")

Any help is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CM CM is offline

try:

=IF(isblank('Performance Analysis'!J36)=true,"",if('Performance
Analysis'!J36 =0,1,""))
--
hope to help,
cm

"lisab" wrote:

I'm trying to create an If function where if the cell is equal to 0, then the
cell is populated with 1. However, I've discovered that the formula is not
ignoring blank cells. Can I add a function for it to ignore blank cells?
This is what I have so far:

=IF('Performance Analysis'!J36 =0,1,"")

Any help is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I doubt whether you need the "=true".
ISBLANK returns a boolean TRUE or FALSE; comparing it with TRUE will return
TRUE or FALSE respectively.

Remember, of course, that ISBLANK will not be true if the cell contains an
empty text string "".
--
David Biddulph