Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007 Nested formulas

In cell AD4 I want a number to appear. I want it to count how many times the letter "C" appears in column E IF column F has the word "July" in the corresponding row. How do I set up this nested formula?

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(E1:E10="C"),--(F1:F10="July"))

If you're using Excel 2007:

=COUNTIFS(E1:E10,"C",F1:F10,"July")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

<Adam Stegeman wrote in message ...
In cell AD4 I want a number to appear. I want it to count how many times
the letter "C" appears in column E IF column F has the word "July" in
the corresponding row. How do I set up this nested formula?

WPF And The Model View View Model Pattern
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...l-view-vi.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=COUNTIFS(F2:F5,"july",C2:C5,"C")

WPF And The Model View View Model Patternhttp://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/ec832ac7-6e4c-4ea8-81ab-7...