Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default +1 only if there is a value

can I +1 to a col, but if there is not an existing value,
ie its blank or - is present nothing will be added
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

--Enter 1 in a cell and copy the cell
--Keeping the copy select the column and press F5
--Select FormulasNumbers (uncheck other options under formulas) and hit OK.
This will select all numbers
--Right clickPasteSpecialAddHit OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

" wrote:

can I +1 to a col, but if there is not an existing value,
ie its blank or - is present nothing will be added

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this..

=IF(OR(ISBLANK(A1),A1="-"),A1,A1+1)

If this post helps, Click Yes!
--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

" wrote:

can I +1 to a col, but if there is not an existing value,
ie its blank or - is present nothing will be added

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the column and run this small macro:

Sub AddOne()
Dim r As Range
For Each r In Selection
If IsEmpty(r) Then
Else
If r.Value = "-" Then
Else
If r.HasFormula Then
r.Formula = r.Formula & "+1"
Else
r.Value = r.Value + 1
Next
End Sub

Macros are very easy to install and use:

1. ALT-F11 brings up the VBE window
2. ALT-I
ALT-M opens a fresh module
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To use the macro from the normal Excel window:

1. ALT-F8
2. Select the macro
3. Touch Run

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE window as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200908

" wrote:

can I +1 to a col, but if there is not an existing value,
ie its blank or - is present nothing will be added

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Great worked perfect you think you can hel pwith this one

Ok I Have a bonus stucture,
It goes on (12) 4 week cycles and and sales have to increase over the period
to hit
loest level of bonus.
Ok to make it real easy, lets so
Cola colb colc cold cole
colf colg
Period / low produciton / bonus /mid produciton /bonus /High production / b
1 100 $10 bonus, 100 <5000 $20 bonus 1000
$30 b
2 200
3

and lets say that sheet 2 A1= the period # and b2= the sales $
Pelase advsie

Hi, try this,
=IF(Sheet2!$B$2Sheet1!B2,IF(Sheet2!$B$2<Sheet1!D2 ,Sheet1!C2,IF(Sheet2!$B$2<Sheet1!F2,Sheet1!E2,Shee t1!G2)),"Lowest Level not Achieved")

Also make sure in your columns "Low", "Mid" and "High" that you put the
upper limit of that category's sales requirement e.g.

LOW MID HIGH
100 500 1000

If this helps please click "Yes"
<<<<<<<<<<<

" wrote:

so close,
But that two varible on sheet two;
A1 the periof of the bonus
b2 the amount on $ need to achieve the bonus.

this function works great for period 1, but there are 12 peiod.
morover a1 has text 1st, 2nd, 3rd and on...

The tbl arrey Sheet
col a; the period
col b, the lowest bonus scale
col c, the bonus amount

col d, the middle bonus scale
col e, the bonus amount
col f, the highest bonus scale
col g, the bonus amount

The tble woudl look like this
1st $3250 b$500 $4500 b$1000 $7500 b$2000
2nd$5000 b$500 $7000 b$1000 $10000 b$2000
3rd $600 b$500 $8000 b$1000 $14000 b$ 2000
and on