Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum of amount with corresponding dates

Column C is full of $ amounts billed and the corresponding date (same row)
in column E reflects the date that bill was paid. I want to write a formula
that will Sum the numbers in column C adding each row ONLY if it has an
actual date on the same row in column E AND only if that date is in 2009. Is
this even possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR(E2:E100)=2009),C2:C100)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Great13" wrote in message
Column C is full of $ amounts billed and the corresponding date (same
row)
in column E reflects the date that bill was paid. I want to write a
formula
that will Sum the numbers in column C adding each row ONLY if it has an
actual date on the same row in column E AND only if that date is in 2009.
Is
this even possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try something like this adjusted for a reasonable range:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR($E$1:$E$1000)=2009),$C$1:$C$1000)

Does that get you started?
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB
(www.MadRocketScientist.com)

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.