Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Replace "Cell based" formulas with "word-based" formulas

Not sure if I am doing this correctly, but, I have a small group of
accounting information, and the fomulas I have in place, I need to replace
them with names. So instead of =A4-A5, it has to be =(€˜Selling price
€˜Proposal B) €“ (€˜variable cost €˜Proposal B) How do I make this change??

I am using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Give the cells defined names.

Select cell A4
In the name box, that space immediately above column A, type in:
Selling_Price_Proposal_B
Hit Enter

Select cell A5
In the name box type:
Variable_Cost_Proposal_B
Hit Enter

You can't have spaces in those names so I used the underscore to replace
them.

Then your formula will be:

=Selling_Price_Proposal_B-Variable_Cost_Proposal_B

If you ask me, which you didn't, it's a lot easier to use:

=A4-A5

<bg

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
Not sure if I am doing this correctly, but, I have a small group of
accounting information, and the fomulas I have in place, I need to replace
them with names. So instead of =A4-A5, it has to be =('Selling price'
'Proposal B') - ('variable cost' 'Proposal B') How do I make this
change??

I am using Excel 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Instructions for Excel 2003 and earlier.

Assuming you have named A4 and A5 using InsertNameDefine

Click on the cell with the formula and InsertNamesApply.

CTRL + Click to select the names and OK

Excel 2007

Click on the cell with the formula and on Formula TabUse In Formula

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP