Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

Default combine column labels in pivot table

I have a pivot table where the column labels are the event date. There can
be more / less event dates based on the range of data selected. Under the
column label for each date will be a sales count, a sales $ and a cost $
value.

How can I get the date to "Center Across Selection" of the 3 values when I
never know how many sets of data I will have?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joe

Hover your cursor above Date until you see a solid black downward pointing
arrowClickall of your dates will be selectedright clickFormat
CellsAlignmentCentre across SelectionOK.

If you do this correctly, your Date field will be formatted as such, and as
you add or delete dates form the PT, they will all be formatted as you wish

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Joe" wrote in message
I have a pivot table where the column labels are the event date. There
can
be more / less event dates based on the range of data selected. Under the
column label for each date will be a sales count, a sales $ and a cost $
value.

How can I get the date to "Center Across Selection" of the 3 values when I
never know how many sets of data I will have?

signature database 4520 (20091018) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4520 (20091018) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Joe is offline

That doesn't seem to work for 2nd set of columns, etc.
On row 10, col b I have Column with a down arrow.
On row 11, col b I have 40047. I want that to be in col b,c,d centered as a
date.
if I do the normal way and highlight 11, b-d it does those 3 cells but no
others.

What am i missing?

"Joe" wrote in message
I have a pivot table where the column labels are the event date. There
can
be more / less event dates based on the range of data selected. Under the
column label for each date will be a sales count, a sales $ and a cost $
value.

How can I get the date to "Center Across Selection" of the 3 values when I
never know how many sets of data I will have?

signature database 4520 (20091018) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4520 (20091018) __________

http://www.eset.com

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Joe

It is the field name that you have to hover above.
I assumed it was called Date, but do it for whatever your field is called.
When you select the black down arrow, it will select all of the ranges where
the individual dates appear, then format as described

--
Regards
Roger Govier

$