Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sum Duplicates without Sorting

I have a file that has quantity and codes. Each code has an amount, but they
are different amounts and the code duplicates many times. I need a formula
that totals each group of codes. The codes cannot be sorted so they are all
together they must be separate to keep lots together.

C = The results I would like to have.

A B C
10 AR5 10
25 AC6
25 AC6 50
15 AR5
25 AR5
25 AR5 65
12 AC6
10 AC6 22
22 XR6

Any help would be appreciated!!
Thank You

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Zesty,

In C2 enter the formula

=IF(B2<B3,SUM($A$1:A2)-SUM($C$1:C1),"")

and copy down to match column B.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Zesty" wrote in message
I have a file that has quantity and codes. Each code has an amount, but they
are different amounts and the code duplicates many times. I need a formula
that totals each group of codes. The codes cannot be sorted so they are all
together they must be separate to keep lots together.

C = The results I would like to have.

A B C
10 AR5 10
25 AC6