Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel copy data

Hi I have a file like this
aaa
12
113
14
bbb
25
12
58
alpha is the customer name and numbers are stock items purchased. all in one column
How do I get aaa to appear next to 12,113 and 14?
and bbb to appear next to 25,12 and 58?

ASP.NET Asynchronous Page Processing
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nous-page.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It depends what you mean by "appear next to", but let's assume your data is
in column A, and you want the customer name in column B. In B1, enter =a1.
In B2, use:

=if(istext(a2),a2,b1)

and copy down.

Regards,
Fred

"Paul Gardiner" wrote in message ...
Hi I have a file like this
aaa
12
113
14
bbb
25
12
58
alpha is the customer name and numbers are stock items purchased. all in
one column
How do I get aaa to appear next to 12,113 and 14?
and bbb to appear next to 25,12 and 58?

ASP.NET Asynchronous Page Processing
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...nous-page.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Say your data is in range C3:C10. In D3, enter the following formula and
then copy down till D10

=IF(ISNUMBER(C3),LOOKUP(REPT("z",99),$C$3:C3),"")

There copy D3:D10 and paste them as values. After this, you may delete the
text entries in C3:C10.

Hope this helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP