Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vew vew is offline

Default If, then statement with the condition a blank cell

How do I create an If, then statement with the condition a blank cell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISBLANK("A1"),"True Condition","False Condition")

Sam

How do I create an If, then statement with the condition a blank cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You mean

=IF(ISBLANK(A1),"True Condition","False Condition")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

How do I create an If, then statement with the condition a blank cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vew vew is offline

I am dense today. I could not seem to get your formula correct. How do I
say if this cell is blank, show needed, else show reported?

=IF(FACDS/BSC/RPT/Customer/Measure Reporting/[Calls Answered.xls]09-3 Entry
Form'!$A$8:$E$8 = ??, "Needed", "Reported")

"vew" wrote:

How do I create an If, then statement with the condition a blank cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's not a cell, it's a range of cells... What do you want it do? If all of
them are blank show "Needed", or do you want to restircit to say if A8 is
blank?

For the latter, it's:

=IF(ISBLANK(FACDS/BSC/RPT/Customer/Measure Reporting/[Calls
Answered.xls]'09-3 Entry Form'!$A$8),"True Condition","False Condition")

How do I create an If, then statement with the condition a blank cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For multiple cells try
=IF(COUNTBLANK($A$8:$E$8)=5,"Needed","Reported")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

How do I create an If, then statement with the condition a blank cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vew vew is offline

It is a merged cell so I am not sure if I need to say if all cells are blank
or if just the first cell is blank.

How do I create an If, then statement with the condition a blank cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF((ISBLANK(...Form'!$A$8), "Needed", "Reported")
or
=IF(...Form'!$A$8="", "Needed", "Reported")

Fill in the path and file and sheet name appropriately, the easiest way
being to click in the relevant cell on the relevant sheet after you've
started your formula with =

The difference between the 2 formulae above is that ISBLANK will not return
true for an empty string ="", but the second formula will regard that
condition as true.
--
David Biddulph