Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joy Joy is offline

Default FORMATTING CELLS FOR QUICK INPUT

I AM WORKING HARD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE,

COLUMN A

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003..........

I NEED THIS COLUMN TO BE ABLE TO GO ON FOREVER WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA, I
LOOKED AT OHER POSTS AND AM GETTING CLOSE WITH THE POST OF ="AZ6-24-000"&A49
BUT IT DOESN'T QUITE WORK LIKE I NEED, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

="AZ6-24-" & TEXT(ROW(A1),"00000")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jOY" wrote:

I AM WORKING HARD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE,

COLUMN A

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003..........

I NEED THIS COLUMN TO BE ABLE TO GO ON FOREVER WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA, I
LOOKED AT OHER POSTS AND AM GETTING CLOSE WITH THE POST OF ="AZ6-24-000"&A49
BUT IT DOESN'T QUITE WORK LIKE I NEED, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Click on one of the cells, then drag the fill handle (little heavier square
at the bottom right of the selection) down as far as you want. You'll get
the numbers you want,
No formula needed.

"jOY" wrote in message
I AM WORKING HARD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE,

COLUMN A

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003..........

I NEED THIS COLUMN TO BE ABLE TO GO ON FOREVER WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA, I
LOOKED AT OHER POSTS AND AM GETTING CLOSE WITH THE POST OF
="AZ6-24-000"&A49
BUT IT DOESN'T QUITE WORK LIKE I NEED, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

jOY wrote:
I AM WORKING HARD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE,

COLUMN A

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003..........

I NEED THIS COLUMN TO BE ABLE TO GO ON FOREVER WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA, I
LOOKED AT OHER POSTS AND AM GETTING CLOSE WITH THE POST OF ="AZ6-24-000"&A49
BUT IT DOESN'T QUITE WORK LIKE I NEED, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!

="AZ6-24-"&RIGHT("0000"&ROW(1:1),5)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joy Joy is offline

Ok so I was writing fast when I wrote the first post, let me slow down and
not sound so crazy..... Ok, here we go

in Column A I have a list of numbers that I need to find a formula to make
them continue on without having to manually change each line, I have looked
over older posts abd can not seem to help myself figure it out.....

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003........

AZ6-24-00123
AZ6-24-00124
AZ6-24-00125................

Is it possible??? please help, i know someone out there can help!

thank you,

joy:)

"jOY" wrote:

I AM WORKING HARD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE,

COLUMN A

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003..........

I NEED THIS COLUMN TO BE ABLE TO GO ON FOREVER WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA, I
LOOKED AT OHER POSTS AND AM GETTING CLOSE WITH THE POST OF ="AZ6-24-000"&A49
BUT IT DOESN'T QUITE WORK LIKE I NEED, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joy Joy is offline

YOU ARE THE BEST THANK YOU, GENIUS!!!!!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Try

="AZ6-24-" & TEXT(ROW(A1),"00000")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jOY" wrote:

I AM WORKING HARD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE,

COLUMN A

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003..........

I NEED THIS COLUMN TO BE ABLE TO GO ON FOREVER WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA, I
LOOKED AT OHER POSTS AND AM GETTING CLOSE WITH THE POST OF ="AZ6-24-000"&A49
BUT IT DOESN'T QUITE WORK LIKE I NEED, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With the number in cell A1; try the below in cell A2 and copy down as required

=LEFT(A1,7)&TEXT(RIGHT(A1,5)+1,"00000")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"jOY" wrote:

I AM WORKING HARD TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE THE FOLLOWING POSSIBLE,

COLUMN A

AZ6-24-00001
AZ6-24-00002
AZ6-24-00003..........

I NEED THIS COLUMN TO BE ABLE TO GO ON FOREVER WITH THE CORRECT FORMULA, I
LOOKED AT OHER POSTS AND AM GETTING CLOSE WITH THE POST OF ="AZ6-24-000"&A49
BUT IT DOESN'T QUITE WORK LIKE I NEED, SOME ONE PLEASE HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Just type in AZ6-24-00001 and then drag down with the fill handle.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com