Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count cell except those contain zero

Dear all

I have a file which include data in more that 5000 lines.
I need to count cell column by column, as number except those cells contain
zero.

For example olumn b have 5500 but 1500 include zero. So as a result i should
sse that i have 4000 cells with data.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try
=COUNT(A:A)-COUNTIF(A:A,0)

OR

=COUNTIF(H:H,"0")+COUNTIF(H:H,"<0")

'if you have only positive numbers the below will do
=COUNTIF(H:H,"0")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Manos" wrote:

Dear all

I have a file which include data in more that 5000 lines.
I need to count cell column by column, as number except those cells contain
zero.

For example olumn b have 5500 but 1500 include zero. So as a result i should
sse that i have 4000 cells with data.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT((range0)+(range<0))

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Manos" wrote in message
Dear all

I have a file which include data in more that 5000 lines.
I need to count cell column by column, as number except those cells
contain
zero.

For example olumn b have 5500 but 1500 include zero. So as a result i
should
sse that i have 4000 cells with data.

Thanks in advance for your valuable time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

.... or =SUMPRODUCT(--(range<0))
--
David Biddulph