Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Overwrite All Cells in Column

Excel 2007 has an excellent feature that makes the formulas automatically
jump into new rows when you insert them into a "table". But sometimes these
formulas stop filling in automatically, like when you find and replace all
within a worksheet. I have 20 sheets per file x 25 columns x 15 files to
turn this automatic function back on. It sure would be great if I could
select several columns and tell them to go back to automatically filling new
rows w/ new data.

Is there already such a thing?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have this option in XL 2003 as well. For this to work excel would need a
minimum of 4 rows on top filled with identical formulas..

In XL2003: ToolsOptionsEditmake sure 'Extend data range formats and
formulas' is checked

In XL2007: OfficeButtonExcel OptionsAdvancedUnder 'Editing Options' make
sure 'Extend data range formats and formulas' is checked

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"TKS_Mark" wrote:

Excel 2007 has an excellent feature that makes the formulas automatically
jump into new rows when you insert them into a "table". But sometimes these
formulas stop filling in automatically, like when you find and replace all
within a worksheet. I have 20 sheets per file x 25 columns x 15 files to
turn this automatic function back on. It sure would be great if I could
select several columns and tell them to go back to automatically filling new
rows w/ new data.

Is there already such a thing?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry for the late response. I read what you said, but I had already set
that variable. The problem is that I copied sheets from one file to another,
and instead of formulas looking at neighboring columns in the table, they
including the filename they came from. Then I did a blanket edit to remove
those filenames, but when I insert a new row, that filename is still in the
default formula for new rows.