Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup

I have a table, Column A = Beginning Period, Column B = End Period, Column C
= Rate, there are about 30 rows of date periods/rates (ie A2:C31). Users
will input a date in A1 and B1 will return the coresponding rate from the
table. The function will identify the date range from Column A and B and
return the value from C. The date can be the exact date of Column A or B.
= Column A and =< Column B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try the below..
Query date in A1
Data in A2:C31

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A31<=A1)*(B2:B31=A1),C2:C31)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"JeffK" wrote:

I have a table, Column A = Beginning Period, Column B = End Period, Column C
= Rate, there are about 30 rows of date periods/rates (ie A2:C31). Users
will input a date in A1 and B1 will return the coresponding rate from the
table. The function will identify the date range from Column A and B and
return the value from C. The date can be the exact date of Column A or B.
= Column A and =< Column B.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Jacob but I think I need to clarrify
*If the user inputs May 15 in A1 then 5.25% will appear in A2

A B C
1-Jan 15-Feb 5.00%
16-Feb 10-Mar 5.50%
11-Mar 12-May 5.75%