-   -   DECREASE CELL VALUES BY 50% (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/244768-decrease-cell-values-50%25.html)

Sandra Dryden

DECREASE CELL VALUES BY 50%

I have either entered data and performed calculations on the amounts entered
in most cells in my workbook to come up with a budget for the year. I want
to decrease the total by say $100,000 and see what the data entry figures
would need to be to come up with the revised total.

Jacob Skaria

DECREASE CELL VALUES BY 50%

--Enter 2 in a unused cell and copy the cell
--keeping the copy Select the data range (values which are to be converted)
--Right clickPasteSpecialselect DivideOK

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Sandra Dryden" wrote:

I have either entered data and performed calculations on the amounts entered
in most cells in my workbook to come up with a budget for the year. I want
to decrease the total by say $100,000 and see what the data entry figures
would need to be to come up with the revised total.

Sandra Dryden[_2_]

DECREASE CELL VALUES BY 50%

OMG --- too easy. Thanks so much