Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Naz

Default Sumif - FastExcel

Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet that I have been using for the year and now it is time
to update it. The biggest problem with the old one was the re-calculate time.
I have 2 worksheets in the workbook, 1 containing data and the other a List
of employees (over 500). The List sheet picks up the pay of each staff from
the data sheet every month. I used to use an array formula to do this then
used a conjoined sumif (Sumif(Range,PayRef&Month&Costcode,Sumrange) with
helper column as it was faster, but as the Data sheet gets bigger as the
years goes on the recalculate time is now at 12 secs.

Is there a faster alternative to Sumif?
Is there better method of summing large ranges of data (data sheet contains
14000 rows)?
Has anyone used the product FastExcel (www.fastexcel.com) to optimise there
spreadsheets and is it any good?

All help is greatly ppreciated