Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find Sum of Values corresponding to each value type

I have two colums - 1) Expenditure Type, 2) Expenditure Amount. with many
rows. At the bottom of the spreadsheet, I'd like to display the total
expenditure amount corresponding to each Expenditure Type:

Eg:
Expenditure Type|Expenditure Amount
Stationery|200
Stationery|200
Gifts|200
Essentials|100
Stationery|300

At the end of the spreadsheet:
Stationery|Gifts|Essentials
700|200|100

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

With data arranged in this order; Try SUMIF() formula as below

Col A Col B Col C Col D
Exp Type Exp Amnt Exp Type Total
Stationery 200 Stationery =SUMIF(A:A,C2,B:B)
Stationery 200 Gifts 200
Gifts 200 Essentials 100
Essentials 100
Stationery 300