Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNTIF - USING WITH TIME VALUE RANGES

I would like to count an entry in a different worksheet but in the same
workbook if the entry falls between certain hours. Here is the formual I am
using: =COUNTIF(Tickets!G:G,"<17:00:11:59") where as "Tickets" is the other
worksheet and I would like to count the entries that fall between 11:59 and
17:00. Using this formula the result shows as "0" which is not correct.
Please advise what changes need to be made to the formula for this to work
properly.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's the wrong syntax for COUNTIF. What you could do is a 2-step subtraction:

=COUNTIF(Tickets!G:G,"11:59")-COUNTIF(Tickets!G:G,"=17:00")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Kazman" wrote:

I would like to count an entry in a different worksheet but in the same
workbook if the entry falls between certain hours. Here is the formual I am
using: =COUNTIF(Tickets!G:G,"<17:00:11:59") where as "Tickets" is the other
worksheet and I would like to count the entries that fall between 11:59 and
17:00. Using this formula the result shows as "0" which is not correct.
Please advise what changes need to be made to the formula for this to work
properly.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Kazman

Check your previous post...