Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default INDEX AND MATCHING FUNCTIONS

Hi hoping someone can help. I've read through various posts and I am still a
bit confused. I want to return the value of a PIR of 98 and an IPF of 0.8
(6.6%)
IPF
0.7 0.8 0.9
PIR 100 6.00% 7.00% 8.00%
99 6.20% 6.80% 7.80%
98 5.80% 6.60% 7.60%
97 5.60% 6.40% 7.40%

--
Thanks, Jeanette
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jeanette,

Try this

=INDEX(A1:D5, MATCH(99,A1:A5,0), MATCH(0.9,A1:D1,0))

in practice I'd use cell references for the lookup values

Mike

"Jeanette" wrote:

Hi hoping someone can help. I've read through various posts and I am still a
bit confused. I want to return the value of a PIR of 98 and an IPF of 0.8
(6.6%)
IPF
0.7 0.8 0.9
PIR 100 6.00% 7.00% 8.00%
99 6.20% 6.80% 7.80%
98 5.80% 6.60% 7.60%
97 5.60% 6.40% 7.40%

--
Thanks, Jeanette

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jeanette

With IPF values in C1:E1, PIR values and % in B2:E5, and IPF/PIR to lookup
in B8:B9, try this formula:

=VLOOKUP(B9,B2:E5,MATCH(B8,C1:E1)+1,FALSE)

Regards,
Per