Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula

HELP Please! What I'm trying to do is in the one cell a simple sum to work
out the difference between two other cells then (in same cell) I want it to
decide that if the figure returned is greater than £175 I want it to show
£175 but if it is less than £175 I want it to show the actual figure.
Is this possible???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One way, something like this ..
In say, C2: =MIN(175,B2-A2)
Format C2 as currency/symbol to taste
Any good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"HeatherV" wrote:
.. What I'm trying to do is in the one cell a simple sum to work
out the difference between two other cells then (in same cell) I want it to
decide that if the figure returned is greater than £175 I want it to show
£175 but if it is less than £175 I want it to show the actual figure.
Is this possible???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
I assume you want in C1 the difference between B1 and A1

=if((B1-A1)175,175,(B1-A1))

if this helps please click yes thanks