Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kel Kel is offline

Default why can't I change the color of a cell?

I changed the color in the fill color options however it doesn't appy the
change to the selected cell. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Check under Format - Conditional formatting to see if any fills are being
applied that way.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Kel" wrote:

I changed the color in the fill color options however it doesn't appy the
change to the selected cell. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Conditional Formatting must be applied. Go to the problematic cell, click
Format Conditional Formatting to see the CF. Remove the conditional
formatting. Click on that same cell, get the black cross (lower right) then
left-click and fill down or fill right and click on €˜Fill Formatting Only
(this will wipe out the Conditional Formatting). Experiment. Repeat. You
should be back in business in no time!

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"Kel" wrote:

I changed the color in the fill color options however it doesn't appy the
change to the selected cell. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Only the one cell? Or all cells?

If all cells...............

Check this out................

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape object in an Office document does not change

As directed, change the High Contrast setting in Windows OS

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 10:31:02 -0700, Kel
wrote:

I changed the color in the fill color options however it doesn't appy the
change to the selected cell. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Well, one to get going and then fill in adjacent cells with the new
'formatting', which is really no formatting. I never figured out how to find
the cells with conditional formatting, without VBA. I don't think the menus
will all a user to find all cells with conditional formatting, or can you do
it with just menus?

Ryan---

--
Ryan---

wrote:

I changed the color in the fill color options however it doesn't appy the
change to the selected cell. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why are you replying to my reply?

But, to find cells with CF..................

F5SpecialConditional Formats.

Gord

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:49:02 -0700, ryguy7272
wrote:

Well, one to get going and then fill in adjacent cells with the new
'formatting', which is really no formatting. I never figured out how to find
the cells with conditional formatting, without VBA. I don't think the menus
will all a user to find all cells with conditional formatting, or can you do
it with just menus?

Ryan---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I've used F5 countless times, but never noticed the conditional format option
in there. Very cool!! Learned something new today!!

Thanks,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---