Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to count the number of buyers or sellers for a given month.

I have a detailed worksheet that lists each buyer and seller that close on a
home. Column A = Buyer or Seller, Column C = Closing Month. I am creating a
totals area on my spreadsheet and for each month trying to determine how many
buyers and how many sellers. Lets say I want totals for January. I want to
look in column C find all of the January Records, then look in column a to
determine how many records were buyers. Then in a seperate cell I will do
the same for sellers. How can I do this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You may also create a pivot table. Drag column A to the row area. Drag
column C to the row area or column area (as you wish) and drag column A
(again) to the data area.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"djcampanelli" wrote in message
I have a detailed worksheet that lists each buyer and seller that close on
home. Column A = Buyer or Seller, Column C = Closing Month. I am
creating a
totals area on my spreadsheet and for each month trying to determine how
many
buyers and how many sellers. Lets say I want totals for January. I want
look in column C find all of the January Records, then look in column a to
determine how many records were buyers. Then in a seperate cell I will do
the same for sellers. How can I do this? Any help is greatly
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to count the number of buyers or sellers for a given mo

That worked awesome. Thank you. Now how would I do the same thing only add
up the dollar volume in column d.