Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Looking up data.

Howdy. I have been trying to figure out how to do the following;
Example Columns: Date, ItemCode, Desc, Units.
On another sheet, I have Item Code, Date, Units, followed by dates in row 1.
I need to sum all the units that match Item Code, Date. I just don't know
how to do it. I've tried to use and(), but have not received the desired
results.

Can you help me? I really want to be able to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You could try this

=sumproduct((range1=A2)*(range2=B2)*(range3))

range1 is the range on sheet 1 which has the item code
range2 is the range on sheet 1 which has the dates
range3 if the range on sheet 1 which has the units

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Kewlstix" wrote in message
Howdy. I have been trying to figure out how to do the following;
Example Columns: Date, ItemCode, Desc, Units.
On another sheet, I have Item Code, Date, Units, followed by dates in row
1.
I need to sum all the units that match Item Code, Date. I just don't know
how to do it. I've tried to use and(), but have not received the desired
results.

Can you help me? I really want to be able to do this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try Sumif.

=SUMFI(range,criteria,sum range)

=SUMIF("Date Range", "Date Criteria","Unit")

=SUMIF("ITEM CODES RANGE", "Particular Item Code","Unit")

Have a look in sumif examples in help menu.

If this post helps, Click Yes!

(MS-Exl-Learner)