Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help with microsoft excel

I want to insert g after data already entered in a column for every row in
that coloumn. I have over 4000 rows so this would take ages manually, is
there another way.

currently for example
0.100
want it to read
0.100g

please note all rows have different numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Would a Custom Format of #,##0.00"g" work for you?

If you want the "g" hard-coded you must use a helper column and a formula

=A1 & "g" entered in B1

Double-click on the fill handle of B1

Select column B and copy.

Then paste specialValuesOkEsc

Delete column A

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 09:45:01 -0700, beckvalleybooks
wrote:

I want to insert g after data already entered in a column for every row in
that coloumn. I have over 4000 rows so this would take ages manually, is
there another way.

currently for example
0.100
want it to read
0.100g

please note all rows have different numbers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just curious.

Did you go with the custom format or the helper column with formulas?

I did not note that if you go with the formula method, the numbers are no
longer numbers but text.

Gord