cleve mc daniel

Default excel macros

i want to repeat the same cut paste method over and over several thousand
times without having to do it manually while recording my macro. Is there a
way to repeat this function.

hi,
I don't think you want to use the cut paste method several
thousand times in a macro. that will cause you memory
problems and your macro will crash with out of memory
messages.
I suggesst you find another method to do this.
repost with what you are trying to do.

zackb

Hi there,

There are more efficient methods to accomplish what it is you are asking
than using Cut/Paste method. If you describe in detail what it is you are
trying to accomplish then a far better solution may present itself. Please
post any relevant code, and describe your data structure in detail.

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr

"cleve mc daniel" <cleve mc wrote in
message ...
i want to repeat the same cut paste method over and over several thousand
times without having to do it manually while recording my macro. Is there
way to repeat this function.

cleve mc daniel

it might be too difficult to explain in an email - if you have a quick second
please call me 877-546-6757. If not, what I am doing is dropping client
information from a database called fasttrak, onto an excel spreadsheet. It is
a client list of over 1300 clients. I am trying to run a macro that will move
the information into the appropriate columns for me with a push of a button,
however to record this macro i would need to cut a number of cells on the
same row and paste them to a number of cells in a row above and to the right
of the row i just cut. Then i would need to repeat the process.

" wrote:

hi,
I don't think you want to use the cut paste method several
thousand times in a macro. that will cause you memory
problems and your macro will crash with out of memory
messages.
I suggesst you find another method to do this.
repost with what you are trying to do.

i want to repeat the same cut paste method over and over

several thousand
times without having to do it manually while recording my

macro. Is there a
way to repeat this function.
.

Harald Staff

Yes, this is possible, even pretty easy.

But if your raw data is real "data" as in one complete record on a single
row, you should try to keep it that way in Excel too. Data lose
functionality the second relative physical location start to mean something.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"cleve mc daniel" skrev i melding