Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Saving TODAY function to keep the date accurate. (when it was done)

I use a spreadsheet to track the floats and cash in my stores.
It is used daily to track the previous days' numbers.

I use =TODAY()-1 in a formatted cell so it's bold at the top.

What I did not figure was that when I go back in the saved records,
every time I open one of these saved files, the function operates from
today. Therefore, when you open them to look at them, the date on
every one is the same. That is, yesterday. For example, today all
the sheets read Sunday, September 6, 2009, when they are opened.

Is there a way to tweak the sheet so that from now on, I can still
have the date entered automatically, but when it is saved, the correct
date is maintained?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Ctl-; to enter a date that is static.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"donuts" wrote in message
I use a spreadsheet to track the floats and cash in my stores.
It is used daily to track the previous days' numbers.

I use =TODAY()-1 in a formatted cell so it's bold at the top.

What I did not figure was that when I go back in the saved records,
every time I open one of these saved files, the function operates from
today. Therefore, when you open them to look at them, the date on
every one is the same. That is, yesterday. For example, today all
the sheets read Sunday, September 6, 2009, when they are opened.

Is there a way to tweak the sheet so that from now on, I can still
have the date entered automatically, but when it is saved, the correct
date is maintained?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or look he

Kind regards,