Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DEE DEE is offline

Default How do I make GRID LINES print LIGTHER

XP Excel 2003, Viewing grid lines lighter is straight forward-
How do I make them PRINT LIGHTER?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Instead of grid lines you can select the dotted lines from
FormatCellsBorder and select the color as Gray 40% or 25%

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"dee" wrote:

XP Excel 2003, Viewing grid lines lighter is straight forward-
How do I make them PRINT LIGHTER?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To make gridlines lighter go to ToolsOptionsView and change the color to
something lighter.

When you print make sure you are not setup for "Black and White" or "Draft
Quality" printing.

If enabled, the former will print default black gridlines and the latter
will print no gridlines.

Assuming you have a color printer.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 08:00:01 -0700, dee
wrote:

XP Excel 2003, Viewing grid lines lighter is straight forward-
How do I make them PRINT LIGHTER?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Since the gray is pretty light you may not find a one of the other colors
works well for you so, choose Tools, Options, Colors, pick the bright yellow
on the bottom row and click Modify, pick the first gray on the left in the
very bottom row where there are shade of gray to choose from. Click OK once
and choose the View tab, open the Gridlines color list and pick this new
color.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire