Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Sam is offline

Default Display Current Date & Time in a cell: Everytime I open the workbo

Hi All,

Is there a way I can display Current Date & Time in a cell which updates
everytime I open the workbook?

Thanks in Advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put

=NOW()

in a cell, and use a custom format on that cell to show date and time
in the style that you wish.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 2, 10:49*pm, sam wrote:
Hi All,

Is there a way I can display Current Date & Time in a cell which updates
everytime I open the workbook?

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Sam

=Now() in cell will work, but it will keep updating date & time as the
spreadsheet is recalculated.

The code below will put the date & time in cell A1 on sheet1 and will not
get updated as the spreadsheet is recalculated.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Sheets(1).Cells(1, 1).Value = Now()
End Sub

Hope it helps
Best regards
Rajesh Mehmi

"sam" wrote in message
Hi All,

Is there a way I can display Current Date & Time in a cell which updates
everytime I open the workbook?

Thanks in Advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Sam is offline

Default Display Current Date & Time in a cell: Everytime I open the wo

Thanks for the help Rajesh, However I forgot to mention one thing..
I am going to save this file with value from that cell (date and time
stamp). But I dont want the value in that cell with date and time stamp to
update everytime with current date and time when I open any previous saved
file.
Sorry for the confusion before

Hope I made it clear

THanks in advance