-   -   combining column content (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/241384-re-combining-column-content.html)

Daphtg

combining column content

Thank you for all your help yesterday. After I combine the columns using
=B1&" "&C1, I have everything I need in column D. However, how do I then
copy just the information to a new column without the formula?Then I can
delete the combined columns and continue with the rest.

Mike H

combining column content

Hi,

If you have this formula in (say) D1 put =D1 in cell E1

Mike

"Daphtg" wrote:

Thank you for all your help yesterday. After I combine the columns using
=B1&" "&C1, I have everything I need in column D. However, how do I then
copy just the information to a new column without the formula?Then I can
delete the combined columns and continue with the rest.

Mike H

combining column content

Ah, I think I now understand

Copy the cells that are concatenated and then select a new location and

Edit|Paste Special - select 'Values' - OK

Mike

"Daphtg" wrote:

Thank you for all your help yesterday. After I combine the columns using
=B1&" "&C1, I have everything I need in column D. However, how do I then
copy just the information to a new column without the formula?Then I can
delete the combined columns and continue with the rest.

Daphtg

combining column content

THANK YOU THANK YOU WOKS GREAT.